Saturday, October 25, 2014

Behind the scenes with Max Richter

The other week I was invited behind the scenes at the Royal Albert Hall to document the rehearsal and live show of Max Richter performing his amazing new works Recomposed and The Blue Notebooks. 

I arrived into the empty venue, rows and rows of empty red seats that I had witnessed many times before filled to the brim with bustling audience members, but this time empty and eagerly waiting. Max Richter sat on stage behind two piano's and fiddling on a Mac Book filled with electronic sounds ready to be amplified. As the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra pilled in I soon got to be one of only a few in the venue to witness, as close as on stage with them, the amazing preview of the oncoming show. I was floored.

Here are some of the images from that day...




































No comments:

Post a Comment